Paso Robles, CA—Brewmaster Matt Brynildson and his brewing team at Firestone Walker Brewing Company continue to spin gold, earning “Mid-Size Brewing Company and Mid-Size Brewer of The Year” honors once again at the 2015 Great American Beer Festival® held this weekend in Denver, Colorado.
(Thousand Palms, CA) – Locally owned and operated Coachella Valley Brewing Co (CVB) will celebrate its second anniversary of craft beer brewing at its Thousand Palms brewery in October. The first two years of business have brought the company numerous accomplishments, including increased distribution, multiple industry awards, and doubled sales from the previous year.
To celebrate its second anniversary with devoted fans and the community, CVB will hold a beer festival-style party at its brewery with live music and food vendors on Saturday, October 17, 2015 from 2 – 9 p.m.
David Humphrey, CVB Co-founder and CEO, said: “I’m so proud of what the brewery has been able to accomplish in just two short years. We have positioned ourselves for growth without compromising our core values – producing beer that reflects our valley and all that makes it special. The past two years have been an amazing journey and our upcoming celebration is about great beer and the great Coachella community that we live in.”
Since opening its doors in August 2013, CVB has achieved significant success:
- Became the first fully-dedicated ABC license ‘Type 23’ brewery in the region;
- Secured statewide distribution with Young’s Market Company of California and Arizona;
- Earned a 2014 silver medal for Monumentous IPA in CVB’s first competition at the Los Angeles International Commercial Beer Competition; and earned a 2015 gold medal for Monumentous IPA;
- Earned 2015 gold medals for Monument on Fire and Phoenix at the Los Angeles International Commercial Beer Competition;
- Secured more than 100 tap handles in the Coachella Valley;
- Featured in more than 900 out-of-valley accounts;
- Featured on draught in key accounts, including Downtown Disney, LA Live/Staples Center, and locations in downtown Los Angeles and San Jose;
- Featured at the world-renowned Coachella Music and Arts Festival for two years in a row;
- Transitioned three core brands into 6-pack long necks for greater distribution;
- Selected to pour at the Great American Beer Festival in Denver, Colorado two years in a row; and selected as a presenter at the Great American Beer Festival on the topic of brewery efficiency;
- Started extensive small batch barrel aging and sour program using local ingredients from farmers within the Coachella Valley.
- Voted the “Best Brewery” in the Coachella Valley by CV Weekly;
- Named as a top 12 brewery in the California by the Culturetrip.com
- Awarded most commercial water-friendly business in the Coachella Valley by the Coachella Valley Water District.
Chris Anderson, CVB’s Head Brewer and Chief Operating Officer, said: “We attribute the brewery’s success to quality beer matched with a quality brand. But most importantly, the hardworking team at the brewery is what really makes CVB great.”
Martin Wadley, Vice President, Beer, Young’s Market Company, said: “Young’s Market Company is proud to represent Coachella Valley Brewing Co and congratulates the brewery as they celebrate their second anniversary. Over the past two years, CVB has proven to be a strong and valued addition to Young’s portfolio. CVB is doing a great job competing in California – one of the most competitive beer markets in the country – and CVB is winning by offering consistent, creative and award-winning beers.”
The anniversary celebration will be held at Coachella Valley Brewing Co at 30650 Gunther St., Thousand Palms, from 2 – 9 p.m. Attendees will receive a free souvenir tasting glass, along with 12 beer tastings for the $20 admission price. Coachella Valley Brewing Co promises great fun and most of all great, local craft beer at the event. For more information, visit www.cvbco.com or call the brewery at 760.343.5973.
About Coachella Valley Brewing Co
Since opening its doors on August 30, 2013, Coachella Valley Brewing Co has grown from a small lofty notion into a full-fledged reality. Locally owned and operated in Thousand Palms, California, Coachella Valley Brewing Co is committed to crafting beer that showcases the agriculture and attitudes of the desert. Locally grown, quality ingredients are used to create expertly crafted beers that deliver exceptional taste and a ‘farm to glass’ experience.
For Immediate Release: Contact: Matt Turner
SB Hustlers to host Shakes'Beer Festival at SB Historical Museum
Santa Barbara, CA · July 21, 2015––On Friday September 18, 2015, from 6:00 – 10:00 pm the SB Historical Museum will be hosting Shakes'Beer, a Shakespeare in the Park meets a beer festival pairing beers with different Shakespearean characters and themes. This event will feature a cast of fifteen actors and actresses who will be directed by David Holmes. Scenes, monologues, and lines from a wide range of Shakespeare's plays will be featured. Interpretive ballet and an Elizabethan dance session will be directed by Cecily Stewart. Waters Rising, a three-person acoustic band, will play theme music throughout the evening. The beers will be curated by local Certified Cicerone, Zachary Rosen, who is working with local brewers to craft unique beers that match the different characters and themes being shown. Snacks will be provided by Whole Foods Market and meals will be available for purchase. All profits will be donated to the SB Hustlers, who have commissioned this project. Tickets are available at SBHustlers.org
This festival is a benefit for, and the brainchild of, the Santa Barbara Hustlers for Peace and Prosperity, a new volunteering community in Santa Barbara. The SB Hustlers are an approved project of the Share The Wealth Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. This new organization provides volunteering opportunities for those interested in becoming more engaged with their local community. The SB Hustlers promotes positive social change through personal commitment and volunteering. “We hope to positively impact every single resident in Santa Barbara by the year 2020,” says Matt Turner, co-founder of the SB Hustlers. Only in their first year of operation, this blossoming non-profit has already provided support for such organizations as A Year Without War, Earth Day SB and SB Open Streets.
Shakes'Beer is being curated by Zachary Rosen, Certified Cicerone (beer Sommelier), a specialist in abstract beer pairing events whose work combines beer with music and art in both artificial and natural environments. Rosen has worked with eight breweries to custom design ten different beers for the evening. “It has been incredible to see how the brewers have gotten behind this project. With cask beers, barrel-aged barleywines and spiced beers, this is one of the most exciting beer lists that I've seen at a festival,” says Rosen. Each beer has been custom designed to reflect a different Shakespearean character and was made just for Shakes'Beer.
The performances will be directed by David Holmes, who brings over thirty years of experience directing plays and musicals including eight fully staged Shakespeare productions. “David's dedication to this production and his insight on Shakespeare's works have been critical for Shakes'Beer, says Rosen. “David has produced a script that takes the audience through a lighthearted and whimsical selection of popular scenes and monologues,” Rosen continues. Cecily Stewart of State Street Ballet and Library Moves has directed interpretive ballet performances of literary works including Shakespearean plays. Stewart will be choreographing traditional Elizabethan dances alongside era-themed music from Waters Rising, a 3-piece acoustic band who will use a range of instruments including an accordion, cello, guitars and other stringed instruments.
# # #
To Arrange Interviews and More Information, Please Contact:
Contact: Matt Turner
Shakes'Beer Tentative Beer List
1. brewLAB: Romeo (Romeo & Juliet) Red Purl-Saison with Perle hops, Wormwood, Orange Peel, & Licorice Root
2. Rincon Brewery: Juliet (Romeo & Juliet) Belgian IPA with Falconer's Flight hops, Hibiscus, Vanilla Beans, & Orange Peel
3. Telegraph Brewing: Gingered Julia & Bonny Kate (Two Gentlemen of Verona & Taming of the Shrew) White Ale with Fresh Ginger, Pineapple, and Scotch Bonnets
4. CARP Brewers: Benedick (Much Ado About Nothing) Blonde Robust Porter with cacao nibs and coffee
5. Captain Fatty's: Beatrice (Much Ado About Nothing) Black Witbier with citrus peels, white pepper, chamomile and honeysuckle
6. CARP Brewers: Falstaff (Henry IV & The Merry Wives of Windsor) Imperial Mild Ale
7. CARP Brewers: Mistress Page & Mistress Ford (The Merry Wives of Windsor) Scotch Ale & Scottish Ale produced by parti-gyle technique
8. Island Brewing: Bottom (A Midsummer Night's Dream) Paradise Pale Ale on Cask with Dandelion Blossoms, Wildflower Honey, and Meyer Lemon
9. Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co.: Queen Titania (A Midsummer Night's Dream) Lizard's Mouth Double IPA on Cask with Dragon Fruit, Jasmine, and Cardamom
10. Pure Order Brewing Co.: King Oberon (A Midsummer Night's Dream) Montecito Peak Barleywine aged on French White Oak Bordeaux Barrels
Note: Parti-gyle brewing is where you load a large amount of grain in the mash. A first stronger beer is brewed from the mash and then a second batch of beer is made from the same grain, producing a weaker beer than the first.
Blue Lake, CA – Mad River Brewing Company is excited to announce that Tom Del Sarto has joined their team as CEO. Del Sarto comes to Mad River with over 35 years of experience in the beer business. He began his career at Coors West Distributing on the San Francisco peninsula working his way up to Vice President/Managing Partner before transitioning his team to South Bay Beverage, the Miller/Coors distributorship in Santa Clara County.
Del Sarto is replacing Charlie Jordan, who has accepted a leadership position with a virtually located company that allows her more flexibility to spend time with family. “It is a very exciting time at Mad River right now,” said Ms. Jordan. “I am grateful to the owners for trusting me to lead the company through several changes including the completion of a brand refresh.”
For the past eight years, Del Sarto has provided consulting services to the beverage industry with a focus on the craft beer segment and distribution. On his decision to take the helm at one of California’s first craft breweries, Del Sarto states, “Mad River has a great product and great people. I feel that my experience on both the distributor and supplier side can help grow the business in the evolving craft beer market.”
Recent growth at the award-winning brewery also includes the addition of a kitchen to the Mad River Tap Room. The popular brew pub offers a family friendly environment with a variety of tasty cuisine for all ages, and local bands are featured on most nights. The outside beer garden welcomes pets and offers plenty of sunshine to enjoy your Mad River brew with family and friends.
About Mad River Brewing Company:
Built in Humboldt County in 1989, Mad River is an award-winning craft brewery and one of the first in California. Their distinct ales are renowned for their unique flavor profile and consistent quality. Their flagship brand, Steelhead Extra Pale Ale, and their John Barleycorn Barleywine have received gold medals at The Great American Beer Festival (GABF), the industry’s most prominent award. In 2010, Mad River Brewery was select as the “Small Brewery of the Year” by the GABF. The brewery produces a broad array of beer styles and flavor profiles.