Sunday, 09 October 2011 11:27
Dionicess IX returns for L.A. Beer Week: Beer and booze pairingsWritten by Erin Peters
Prepare for an intoxicating pairing that goes way beyond a shot with a beer back.
Food writer Gev Kazanchyan is teaming up with Dave Watrous of Beachwood BBQ & Brewing for a one night fundraising event. Bartender, Matt Biancaniello, of The Roosevelt Hotel’s Library Bar has been recruited to concoct five craft beers with five craft spirits.
Each of the 5 cocktails will come with 5 vegetarian dishes served by Randy Clemens (author of The Sriracha Cookbook).
Gev had this to say: “…“..the use of beer in the cocktails will be far from trite…sure, most of what we are doing is using an appropriately exact beer for the drink…but the beer component may also incarnate as a beer reduction, a distilled beer and hop-infused spirits.”
The event costs $65 per person and all proceeds benefit Real Medicine Foundation. Tickets available here: http://www.itsmyseat.com//events/213545.html
Friday October 21, 2011. 7:00 PM
Steingarten LA, 10543 W Pico Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90064 USA
Published in The Beer Goddess Blog
Latest from Erin Peters
- Tarantula Hill Brewing Announces Brewmaster
- Stone Brewing Sues MillerCoors for Deceptive Use of the STONE® Brand
- America’s Small and Independent Brewers Aim to Buy Anheuser-Busch InBev
- New Realm Brewing Proudly Reveals Plans for its Beltline Location
- LibDib: Beer, Wine & Liquor Distribution, Done Differently
Login to post comments