Football season has officially started and what better reason to increase your beer consumption? Sure, it might be the constant Coors Light and Miller Light (I think I just threw up in my mouth a little) commercials airing as MillerCoors is coming into their last year as the official beer sponsor of the NFL.
The camaraderie of suds and leatherheads has made becoming a couch potato a true American tradition. It’s the only time of year, you can easily watch nine or more hours of TV in a day, on that crystal-clear HD flatscreen…and feel like you’ve accomplished something. But what if you don’t have that crystal-clear HD or your other half would rather watch Keeping Up with the Kardashi-morons.
Well, have no fear. There are plenty of sports bars to escape to or just enjoy the game with a slew of sports-minded beer guzzlers like yourself.
Behold some of the best sports pubs in Los Angeles:
1. Bottle Rock 3847 Main Street, Culver City California 310 -836-9463
Located in downtown Culver City, this small but spirited bar boasts two large flat screens and over 50 international beers. A large variety of dishes, including the truffle grilled cheese, is another plus.
2. Located on West Pico, Locals Sports Bar has Happy hour every day from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. $4 beers, $3 well drinks and $3 well shots! On tap, they carry Miller, Guinness, Corona, Corona Light, Amstel Light, Stella, Sam Adams and Blue Moon.Large televisions offer full HD sports coverage and they host special viewing parties in the dining room for boxing, UFC and special sporting events.
3. The Draft – the name says it all. This valley bar boasts beer pong, pool tables, karaoke, big tv’s and cheap drinks. Located on the corner of Whitsett and Riverside, you can play 2010 Fantasy Football at The Draft and win up to $1,000 in cash and prizes!
4. For you Burbank-ians, Champs is sure to please with their 18 Big Screen TV's and 1 Giant Big Screen. Voted best Sports Bar in Burbank several times, you can play shuffleboard or pool while you take in the game.
5. Eagles, Ohio State, Phillies or Dodgers fan? Then the Shack is your joint, er I mean, shack. With 12 hamburgers to choose from, including the famous Shack Burger, you have many ways to soak up the beer. What goes better with the Phillies game than a Philly cheese steak? Okay, beer and a Philly cheese steak.
6. Maloney's on Campus, Los Angeles California 310-208-1942
This bar in Westwood is home joint to the UCLA Bruins. It has 23 TV screens, with 4 being big screens.
7. Leo's All Star Sports Bar & Grill 2941 Honolulu Av. La Crescenta, California 818-249- 5858
Located between the freeways 210 and the 2 in Montrose California, this Bar and Grill is central to sports followers in Pasadena, Glendale, Burbank, and nearby communities. It serves great food and drinks.
8. The Library Alehouse 2911 Main St., Santa Monica, (310) 314-4855
This is a pub with two televisions in a small but cozy bar. They carry an awesome selection of Belgian ales, microbrews by the pint or pitcher, and tons of bottled beers.
9. Sports is king at ESPN Zone L.A. Live. You can draft your fantasy team in style with your own personal Skybox. With two 55" flat screen televisions, leather couches and free wi-fi and a dedicated staff taking care of all the snacks and drinks, all you need to do is show up and pick the players! This 4-hour Draft package is $60/person and includes drinks, sliders, wings and more! Or, you can just show up and enjoy the bar, enjoying the game on over 150 tv’s!
10. Last, but certainly not least is The Parlor in Santa Monica on Wilshire Blvd. The Parlor boasts over 50 LCD and Plasma TV's and $3 beers during happy hour Monday - Friday from 4PM-7PM. Comfy couches await your derrière in this bi-level super sports themed restaurant.