These beers embrace the country's brewing past at the turn of the 20th century in America.
What you'll find:
- Unlimited 2-4oz cask pours from over 30 Socal Craft Breweries
- Taste and judge 10 chilis from local Orange County chefs
- Keep the glass!
Some of the beers you can taste this year:
- Ballast Point: Margherita Longin – Helles Lager with Lime and Salt – 4.2% Abv
- Bottle Logic: MOOtella / Milk Stout / 5.2% / Bright beer w/ Hazelnuts, Cocoa Nibs and Madagascar Vanilla Beans
- Coachella Valley Brewing: Oatmeal Raisin Maple Stout w/ cocoa nibs and Double Dry Hopped Monumentous Rye Double IPA w/ Grapefruit and Kumquat
- Firestone Walker: UDBA British Style Pale Ale 5.5% Filtered, Vegan
- Noble Ale Works: English Pale Ale, Vegan - making this beer specifically for this event!
- Smog City Brewing: PhoTonic Hoptonic IPA with Kefir Lime Leaves & Thai Basil, 7.3%
When I asked Greg, "What are you excited about this year as opposed to last year?" He responded:
Definitely the chili cookoff with 10 local chefs that have great craft beer in their restaurants/ Gastropub's. Back east, "powder keg" festivals (beer and chili fest) are a thing. I'm excited to bring that dynamic to a west coast festival. Along with my favorite breweries, I'm happy to also help promote chefs I love just as much.
Don’t miss out; $50 tickets for the festival are on sale now.
Photo: Katie Burnside (AmericanCraftBeer.com)