Wednesday, 05 October 2011 08:59
Saint Arnold Pumpkinator Imperial Pumpkin Stout debuts October 13thWritten by Erin Peters
(Houston, TX) – Just in time for Halloween, Saint Arnold Brewing Company (www.saintarnold.com) will resurrect one of its dearly departed brews. But Saint Arnold Pumpkinator is no zombie of a beer. Formerly released as Saint Arnold Divine Reserve No. 9 nearly two years ago, Pumpkinator is slated for the first of what will be an annual pre-holiday release on Thursday, October 13, 2011.
Saint Arnold Pumpkinator is an Imperial Pumpkin Stout Ale. There are a number of firsts associated with Saint Arnold Pumpinator’s release, including:
- The first new seasonal brew introduced by Saint Arnold since the release of Saint Arnold Spring Bock 13 years ago.
- The first re-release of one of the brewery’s Saint Arnold Divine Reserve recipes.
- The first beer from Saint Arnold to be released in 22-ounce bombers.
“When we first introduced Saint Arnold Divine Reserve No. 9 in 2009, we set out to brew a beer that would stand up to the spicing traditionally associated with pumpkin ales,” said Brock Wagner, Founder/Brewer of Saint Arnold Brewing. “Our solution was to pumpkinize an imperial stout. We loved the result. We found it to be the perfect finish to our Thanksgiving dinners – and it made our relatives much more enjoyable.”
Black with ruby highlights, Saint Arnold Pumpkinator is full of pumpkin pie spices with notes of nutmeg, caraway and vanilla. In fact, some describe the beer’s taste as chocolate pumpkin pie. For this brew, serving at temperatures of 50 degrees or higher can considerably enhance the flavor profile. As it warms, the spices move forward in the taste and the chocolate moves to the finish. The pumpkin provides a pleasant undertone and a nice mouthfeel.
Saint Arnold Pumpkinator will be available in 22-ounce bombers sold separately or in 12-bomber cases and in limited draft.
About Saint Arnold Brewing Company
Saint Arnold Brewing’s ten brews are made and sold by the company’s staff of 37 dedicated employees. The brewery was listed by USA Today as one of the “10 great places to see what’s brewing in beer.” Saint Arnold is located at 2000 Lyons Avenue and its brewery tour and tasting is offered every weekday at 3:00 P.M. and Saturdays starting at 11 A.M. For more information on Saint Arnold’s five year-round and five seasonal beers as well as root beer, log on to www.saintarnold.com.
Latest from Erin Peters
- Tarantula Hill Brewing Announces Brewmaster
- Stone Brewing Sues MillerCoors for Deceptive Use of the STONE® Brand
- America’s Small and Independent Brewers Aim to Buy Anheuser-Busch InBev
- New Realm Brewing Proudly Reveals Plans for its Beltline Location
- LibDib: Beer, Wine & Liquor Distribution, Done Differently
Login to post comments