Monday, 08 August 2011 16:08
Victory Dark Intrigue Release Wednesday Nov 23rdWritten by Erin Peters
DOWNINGTOWN, PA (Aug 2011) - A batch of Victory Brewing Company’s signature Storm King Stout is waiting in oak bourbon barrels, slowly aging and picking up flavors of bourbon, vanilla, oak and spices. Those aromas and tastes transform Storm King Stout into something so dark and intriguing, that’s what we named it – Dark Intrigue.
Dark Intrigue will continue to age in barrels from Jim Beam and Heaven Hill Distilleries until October, when the contents of 150 bourbon barrels will be blended together, packaged in 750 mL corked bottles and left to condition in the bottle until November. It will be released to the public on Wednesday, Nov. 23, a day we are calling Dark Wednesday.
“Having never delved into a bourbon barrel aged offering before, we were tentative with our beloved Storm King in terms of how much of it we subjected to the treatment,” Victory Brewing Company President and Co-Owner Bill Covaleski said. “Our audience clearly approved of this delicious creation last year so we have lots more in production now.”
Cases of Dark Intrigue sold out at our retail location in Downingtown last year in just 43 minutes. This year we expect to have 3000 cases for sale, which will be available at our retail shop and in limited quantities at distributors in the region.
Dark Intrigue is made up of a variety of malts, along with American centennial, cascade and Amarillo hops. It is 9.2% alcohol by volume.
Latest from Erin Peters
- Craft Beer Buyouts: A Conversation with Former Stone Brewing Brewmaster, Mitch Steele and the Brewers Association's Julia Herz:
- FIGUEROA MOUNTAIN BREWING CO. WINS GOLD IN 2016 WORLD BEER CUP
- Pondering Pairings of Music and Craft Beer at Coachella; La Quinta Brewing Nabs a Big Medal
- FIRESTONE WALKER VENICE—“THE PROPAGATOR”—FEATURES RESTAURANT, RETAIL AND RUSTIC ALES PROGRAM
- Brewers Association Lists Top 50 Breweries of 2015
Login to post comments