Wednesday, 13 October 2010 13:01
Summit Announces the Release of Imperial Pumpkin PorterWritten by Erin Peters
ST. PAUL, MN (October 2010) - Summit Brewing Company announces the release of their Imperial Pumpkin Porter, the fifth beer to be released in the limited-time-only Unchained Series. Created by brewer Nate Siats, the beer will be available in draught the week of October 25, and in bottles mid-November.
"Nate has done a great job creating this beer infused with fall flavors," said Mark Stutrud, CEO and Founder of Summit Brewing Company. "This beer makes you feel like you're sitting down to Thanksgiving dinner."
Made with locally raised pumpkin mash, Sweet China cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ginger powder, and cloves, Siats' brew is chocolaty with a slight bitter aftertaste.
"My vision was that the beer would be perfect for a cool fall afternoon or holiday feast," said Nate Siats. "I wanted to try something different for a pumpkin beer. Most are lighter ales; this is dark and full-bodied."
Kick-off parties for the release of Imperial Pumpkin Porter featuring brewer Nate Siats, plus pint specials and prize giveaways are happening all this month.
· Wednesday, October 27: Stub & Herbs in Minneapolis at 5 p.m.
· Thursday, October 28: Stella's Fish Café in Minneapolis, 7-9 p.m.
· Friday, October 29: The Happy Gnome in St. Paul, 4-6 p.m.
· Friday, November 19: Patrick's in St. Peter, 7-10 p.m. Cask-conditioned edition will be featured.
Digital images of the Unchained Series are available on request. For more information about the brewery and Unchained kick-off events, please visit www.summitbrewing.com
Summit Brewing Company
Summit Brewing Company was founded in St. Paul, MN in 1986, and has stayed close to its roots, serving the Upper Midwest and Great Lakes region. It is currently available in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Nebraska, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Texas, and Florida. Summit now produces eleven varieties of premium craft beer, including six year-round, four seasonal beers, and the limited release Unchained Series. Since its inception, the brewery has been a consistent pioneer in the craft beer movement.
Published in Beer News
Latest from Erin Peters
- Stone Brewing Sues MillerCoors for Deceptive Use of the STONE® Brand
- America’s Small and Independent Brewers Aim to Buy Anheuser-Busch InBev
- New Realm Brewing Proudly Reveals Plans for its Beltline Location
- LibDib: Beer, Wine & Liquor Distribution, Done Differently
- Craft Beer Buyouts: A Conversation with Former Stone Brewing Brewmaster, Mitch Steele and the Brewers Association's Julia Herz:
Login to post comments