The 2010 edition of the real ale drinker’s bible includes three new entries – The Chineham Arms, The White Hart, in Sherfield-on-Loddon, and The Lord Derby, in North Warnborough.
The launch of the guide, published by the Campaign for Real Ale was celebrated by the North Hampshire branch of the group at The Queen’s Arms, in Bunnion Place, Basingstoke.
Branch chairman Phil Myatt said: “Real ale is a growing area in drinking and we are getting a lot of good real ale pubs in and surrounding the town.”
He believed part of the growth was because people increasingly liked to know where their drink had come from, rather than drinking “something coming from hundreds of miles away”.
Sunday, 01 November 2009 17:12
Fantastic beer? Yes, we'll drink to that!Written by Erin Peters
1:00pm Friday 30th October 2009
By David Connop Price
ALE enthusiasts know they have plenty of choice after 20 pubs from the Basingstoke region made it into the Good Beer Guide.
Published in Beer News
Latest from Erin Peters
- FIGUEROA MOUNTAIN BREWING CO. WINS GOLD IN 2016 WORLD BEER CUP
- Pondering Pairings of Music and Craft Beer at Coachella; La Quinta Brewing Nabs a Big Medal
- FIRESTONE WALKER VENICE—“THE PROPAGATOR”—FEATURES RESTAURANT, RETAIL AND RUSTIC ALES PROGRAM
- Brewers Association Lists Top 50 Breweries of 2015
- American Craft Beer Exports Top $116 Million
Login to post comments