(Thousand Palms, CA) – Locally owned and operated Coachella Valley Brewing Co (CVB) will celebrate its second anniversary of craft beer brewing at its Thousand Palms brewery in October. The first two years of business have brought the company numerous accomplishments, including increased distribution, multiple industry awards, and doubled sales from the previous year.
To celebrate its second anniversary with devoted fans and the community, CVB will hold a beer festival-style party at its brewery with live music and food vendors on Saturday, October 17, 2015 from 2 – 9 p.m.
David Humphrey, CVB Co-founder and CEO, said: “I’m so proud of what the brewery has been able to accomplish in just two short years. We have positioned ourselves for growth without compromising our core values – producing beer that reflects our valley and all that makes it special. The past two years have been an amazing journey and our upcoming celebration is about great beer and the great Coachella community that we live in.”
Since opening its doors in August 2013, CVB has achieved significant success:
- Became the first fully-dedicated ABC license ‘Type 23’ brewery in the region;
- Secured statewide distribution with Young’s Market Company of California and Arizona;
- Earned a 2014 silver medal for Monumentous IPA in CVB’s first competition at the Los Angeles International Commercial Beer Competition; and earned a 2015 gold medal for Monumentous IPA;
- Earned 2015 gold medals for Monument on Fire and Phoenix at the Los Angeles International Commercial Beer Competition;
- Secured more than 100 tap handles in the Coachella Valley;
- Featured in more than 900 out-of-valley accounts;
- Featured on draught in key accounts, including Downtown Disney, LA Live/Staples Center, and locations in downtown Los Angeles and San Jose;
- Featured at the world-renowned Coachella Music and Arts Festival for two years in a row;
- Transitioned three core brands into 6-pack long necks for greater distribution;
- Selected to pour at the Great American Beer Festival in Denver, Colorado two years in a row; and selected as a presenter at the Great American Beer Festival on the topic of brewery efficiency;
- Started extensive small batch barrel aging and sour program using local ingredients from farmers within the Coachella Valley.
- Voted the “Best Brewery” in the Coachella Valley by CV Weekly;
- Named as a top 12 brewery in the California by the Culturetrip.com
- Awarded most commercial water-friendly business in the Coachella Valley by the Coachella Valley Water District.
Chris Anderson, CVB’s Head Brewer and Chief Operating Officer, said: “We attribute the brewery’s success to quality beer matched with a quality brand. But most importantly, the hardworking team at the brewery is what really makes CVB great.”
Martin Wadley, Vice President, Beer, Young’s Market Company, said: “Young’s Market Company is proud to represent Coachella Valley Brewing Co and congratulates the brewery as they celebrate their second anniversary. Over the past two years, CVB has proven to be a strong and valued addition to Young’s portfolio. CVB is doing a great job competing in California – one of the most competitive beer markets in the country – and CVB is winning by offering consistent, creative and award-winning beers.”
The anniversary celebration will be held at Coachella Valley Brewing Co at 30650 Gunther St., Thousand Palms, from 2 – 9 p.m. Attendees will receive a free souvenir tasting glass, along with 12 beer tastings for the $20 admission price. Coachella Valley Brewing Co promises great fun and most of all great, local craft beer at the event. For more information, visit www.cvbco.com or call the brewery at 760.343.5973.
About Coachella Valley Brewing Co
Since opening its doors on August 30, 2013, Coachella Valley Brewing Co has grown from a small lofty notion into a full-fledged reality. Locally owned and operated in Thousand Palms, California, Coachella Valley Brewing Co is committed to crafting beer that showcases the agriculture and attitudes of the desert. Locally grown, quality ingredients are used to create expertly crafted beers that deliver exceptional taste and a ‘farm to glass’ experience.