Opening day plans offer a preview of the exciting event programming to come at Cellar 3, and also reflects the San Diego craft beer scene’s crossover into the worlds of art and music. Guests will be offered free tours of the space, can purchase rare Cellar 3 beers on tap, taste crafty snacks prepared by Green Flash’s 2nd in-house food truck, Cellar 3 Bistro while enjoying a gallery-style art show and live music from local bands.
Highlights of the event provide a variety of photo and video opportunities throughout the day, with a lineup that will keep all attendees busy from noon until 10pm.
Green Flash Brewing Co. Executives:
Lisa Hinkley, Co-Founder
Chuck Silva, Brewmaster
Pat Korn, Barrelmaster
City of Poway Officials:
Brian Meischein, State Assemblyman 77th District
Dave Grosch, Deputy Mayor, City of Poway
Dolores Canizales, President/CEO, Poway Chamber of Commerce
The schedule of the day’s activity is as follows:
- 12pm: Doors open to the public
- 1pm: First-ever public tours of Cellar 3 will begin, hosted on the hour until 5pm | Register for free tours at the merchandise counter | Limited to 20 guests per tour, first come basis
- 3pm: Inaugural cask tapping of Illuminated Sauvage, a White IPA aged in Chardonnay Barrels – will mark the grand opening of Cellar 3 with City of Poway officials alongside Green Flash Executives
- 6pm: Art reception for the Cellar 3 debut art show assembled by San Diego Curator, Alexander Salazar featuring selected works from featured artists including:
- Jarod Farver
- Greg Holden Regan
- Lindsey Nobel
- 7pm: Live performances by local indie bands, The Midnight Pine at 7pm & Dead Feather Moon at 8pm
- 10pm: Event Ends | Doors Close
Green Flash Cellar 3 | 12260 Crosswaithe Circle | Poway, CA
Located in an industrial section of East Poway, Cellar 3 is 12,000 square feet of space dedicated to the art of craft beer innovation through barrel-aging and wild yeast experimentation. Over 2,500 of this space is reserved for the customer experience in the tasting room and intimate beer garden.
Free to enter | 21+ to drink with valid ID
Space is limited | Green Flash recommends early arrival to guarantee access
About Green Flash Brewing Co.
Green Flash Brewing Co., is located in San Diego, California, and was founded in 2002 by Mike and Lisa Hinkley. Brewmaster, Chuck Silva, leads brewing operations. Green Flash is an award-winning brewer of fine, hand-crafted ales, and specializes in brewing assertive and distinctive beers, such as the nationally acclaimed West Coast I.P.A.: an award-winning beer whose wide acceptance has helped define a category. Green Flash brews a variety of beer styles regularly that are available nationally on draft and in bottles as well as a growing lineup of seasonal and special offerings, including several rare and barrel-aged beers from the brewery’s new Cellar 3 facility.